Welcome to the HR Benefits and Retirement website.
We believe in providing our employees with comprehensive health benefits and retirement options to support their long-term financial and physical wellbeing.
Our health benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance: Our employees can choose from a range of health insurance plans to suit their needs and budget. We offer comprehensive coverage for preventative care, hospitalization, and prescription drugs.
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D): SEBB Program provides life and basic accidental death and dismemberment insurance at no cost. Eligible employees are automatically enrolled.
- Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP): Allows you to set aside pretax money from your paycheck to help pay for qualifying child care or elder care expenses.
- Flexible Spending Arrangements (FSAs): Allows you to set aside pretax money from your paycheck to pay for out-of-pocket health care costs.
- Wellness programs: SmartHealth offers a range of wellness programs and resources to help our employees maintain a healthy lifestyle.
In addition to our health benefits, we also offer retirement benefits to help our employees plan for their future.
As a public employee in Washington, you're eligible for retirement benefits administered by the Department of Retirement Systems (DRS).
Public employees, teachers and school employees have 90 days from their hire date to choose a retirement plan.
All TSD health coverage plans cover children up to age 26